Group Lessons for Children
Lessons are 30 minutes in length and take place at 12 pm to 2:00 pm daily. Lessons are booked on a weekly basis. The cost is $40 per week. All lessons must be paid for in advance. 48 hours notice is required for cancelation. Make ups will be offered for classes that are canceled by the club due to bad weather.
Levels are as follows:
*****IN KIDDIE POOL
- Adult must be present with Guppy.
- In swim diapers.
- Lessons in kiddie pool.
- Learn water safety.
- Blowing bubbles with submerged face.
- Floating on back.
*****IN BIG POOL
- New to lessons but not afraid of water.
- Put face in water and blow bubbles
- Back float including safety roll from front to back and climbing out of pool on own
- Learn elementary backstroke
- Swim 10 feet horizontally on belly unassisted while kicking feet/ arms out front
Goldfish (Advanced Beginner):
- Passed Jellyfish level.
- Can swim elementary backstroke and swim 10 feet horizontally unassisted while kicking feet/arms out front.
- freestyle/crawl stroke and backstroke half pool length
- Passed Goldfish level.
- Proficient in elementary backstroke, can swim half pool lengths in both freestyle and backstroke.
- 25 yards continuous in Freestyle
- 25 yards continuous in Backstroke
- Passed Barracuda level.
- Able to swim 25 yards continuous and unassisted in both Freestyle and Backstroke.
- Improve upon Freestyle and Backstroke techniques
- Learn basics of both Breaststroke and Butterfly
Swim Team Prep:
- Swimmers with proficiency in Freestyle and Backstroke, and knowledge of both Breaststroke and Butterfly.
- Tuning of strokes
- Prepared to join swim team (or enhance outside of swim team.)
*** PLEASE NOTE THAT CHILDREN REQUIRING SWIM DIAPERS MUST BE WEARING A RUBBER COVER OVER THEIR DIAPER OR THEY WILL NOT BE ALLOWED INTO LESSONS IN EITHER POOL.
Registration for Group Lessons
Week 4 – Monday July 17 to Friday July 21
Please select from the list below:
Mommy & Me Swim Class
A great group exercise class run by certified Aquatics Instructor Adele Morgan. This class is for children 18 months to 3 years with a caregiver. Class will take place every Thursday from June 29 to August 3 from 12:30 pm to 1:00 pm. Please note that both the child and the caregiver will be in the water. Price $15 per class – please pay on arrival at the club.
Private lessons are available for adults and children. Please consult Gretchen for further information email:[email protected] Cost is $25 per half hour (same price if two children are in the water).